The Versatile Vizsla

A Vizsla as a lifestyle. My journey shaping Sawyer to be a truly versatile vizsla through Conformation, Hunting, and Obedience. But most importantly through all these endeavors Sawyer has become my loving and loyal companion for life.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

San Mateo County Cluster! San Mateo, Salinas, Oakland and Santa Cruz Kennel Clubs


Joye (here with Brenna) and I are all smiles for the first day of the show!!! One of our favorites due to the fact that its actually in San Mateo! Its too close to home to pass up, and maybe we miss showing a little bit....?
Here's the line up for Best of Breed! I obviously did not get the memo on wearing red for today...
Trying to figure out what the heck he wants us to do now. This is our third meeting with "Joe". Always memorable...Never the same!

Not a bad showing! And Joye and Brenna take Best of Opposite Sex! Go Momma Brenna!
No... I was mistaken and did not miss the ring as much as I had imagined! Today Sawyer takes a turn around the ring with his buddy Josh
Beautiful Brenna floats around the ring with Joye! If you look carefully you will see that neither one of them are even touching the ground! Wow!!
On to day 3! And a little practice outside the ring couldn't hurt!
Sawyer loving on Josh before ring time... I'm always amazed at how lovey-dovey my little mouthy bruiser is! Its all an act!
No, that sweet look is not for me!


Sawyer gets a nice thorough examination from Judge Mrs. Betty -Anne Stenmark


Note to Self: The boy can free stack! Remember? Stop fussing with the dreaded (and disliked by Sawyer) hand stacking!
Every dog has his day! Today is not Sawyer's but I think my little man looks pretty good!
Nothing like a good stretch after the show! Look fast or you'll miss him! Sawyer is in hot pursuit of his BFF Bond
OK. Not the most regal photo, but Sawyer, Chloe, Bond and Diamond are tearing up this field! 
Ms. Chloe only has eyes for Sawyer
The prize!
Day 4! And the last show of the cluster, the Oakland Kennel Club

Dog show etiquette! Pay attention to your dog! Make sure he is not swapping spit with another male because you weren't paying attention!  "Don't look at the fat ass losers or freaks, look at me!"  - Hamilton Swan,  Best In Show
And we're done. Four shows in 4 days. Now I remember why I get so stressed out over this! Time for a break so we can forget all over again! Happy New Year!!   *Smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment